FIRE SUPPRESSION - CLEAN AGENT
High Performance. Low Impact. Safe For The Planet. Safe For You.
The term is defined as an Electrically "Clean Agent" nonconductive, volatile, or gaseous fire extinguishant that does not leave a residue upon evaporation.- NFPA 2001
Using water to extinguish a fire is not always the ideal choice...
When you are trying to protect critical assets such as IT systems, data storage rooms and manufacturings equipments, or irreplaceable items like customer/client records, intellectual property, art, antiques and artifacts – using water will just compound the damage. Using a Clean Agent fire suppression system in this case is the best solution.
Orient 5112 (FK-5-12), Orient 227 (HFC227ea) and Orient InertGAS are the preferred Clean Agent fire suppression systems of Approved Protection Systems.
There are 3 ways clean agents can extinguish a fire:
- Reduction of heat (Orient227, Orient5112)
- Reduction or isolation of oxygen (Orient InertGAS)
- Inhibiting the chain reaction of the above components (Orient227)
CLEAN AGENT BENEFITS
- Fast - Clean Agent systems reach extinguishing levels in 10 seconds or less!
- Effective - Clean Agents are designed to control and extinguish a fire in its incipient stage - before it has a change to spread. Clean Agents are electrically non-conductive and non-corrosive, and there will be no damage to electronics and delicate mechanical devices.
- Safe - Clean Agents are designed to provides a wide margin of human safety - then are safe to use where people are present.
- Clean - Clean Agents rapidly vaporizes to gas during discharge and evaporates cleanly, leaving no residue behind, which means no costly cleanup.
- Earth Friendly - Clean Agents are non ozone depleting and have a short atmospheric lifetime.